The PuLi Hotel: Add this luxury Chinese hotel to your bucket list
Gabrielle Avraham from bespoke travel design agency Gabrielle’s List shares why you should add The PuLi Hotel and Spa to your bucket list.
Shanghai is one of the world’s most exciting and vibrant cities. It offers incredible skyscrapers along with distinct architecture, world-renowned art galleries and museums, impeccable dining experiences and an unparalleled hotel selection. Making it a must-visit on your bucket list.
A favourite in Shanghai is The PuLi Hotel and Spa, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and Shanghai’s first urban resort hotel. This tranquil retreat feels secluded, although it is nestled in the heart of the Jing’An District. It’s just a stone’s throw from the best sights, high-end shopping locations and business centre.
5 reasons why we love it
- The design and ambience of the resort oozes contemporary style. Modern accents – exemplified by the polished black stone floors and minimalist lines – complement the antiques on display, and all of it blends in effortlessly with the serene natural surroundings and views.
- The PuLi has 229 ultra-sleek rooms and suites, yet the hotel has succeeded in creating a boutique vibe with stellar service in all areas. It is a member of The Leading Hotels of The World, after all.
- The Garden Terrace is the ideal place to unwind as it is located in the lush greenery beside Jing’An Park. The terrace is famous for offering one of Shanghai’s most extensive wine and champagne selections. It is also a as style icon being Olivia Palermo’s, favourite location for afternoon tea.
- The PuLi’s has a marvellous Michelin-starred restaurant. PHÉNIX eatery & bar is headed by Australian executive chef Michael Wilson. He provides a seasonal and varying international menu with Asian elements. Moreover, the restaurant’s setting offers breathtaking views of Jing’An Park with gorgeous wooded interiors adorned in handspun rattan and silk.
- Anantara curates the eponymous spa on the third floor, offering an assortment of ancient therapies from China, Thailand and India. Guests can relax and indulge in the wellness centre’s fabulous amenities including jet pools, saunas, steam rooms and a stunning 25-metre indoor swimming pool with views of Jing’An Park’s verdant gardens. A stay at The PuLi is incomplete without visiting The Anantara Spa.
Gabrielle Avraham is the founder of Gabrielle’s List, a luxury travel design company. Gabrielle’s List work is to create unforgettable, tailor-made travel experiences for you.